SQL (Structured Query Language) Classes and Computer Training course in Kalyan-Param Computer Education.
SQL (Structured Query Language) a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system (RDBMS), or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system (RDSMS). It is particularly useful in handling structured data, i.e. data incorporating relations among entities and variables.
SQL (Structured Query Language)Duration: 2 Months
- What is Database, use of Database, difference between DBMS and RDBMS?
- Work on Relational Operators, What is Object, Entity, Attributes, Properties
- What is Projection, What is Selection, Types of Models
- What is Normalization, Types of Normalization, Types of Constraints and Types of Relationships.
- Introduction to SQL: The SQL language, role of SQL, SQL features & benefits Microsoft commitment (ODBC & ADO) , Internet database access , Java integration (JDBC))
- SQL & DBMS: Brief history of SQL , SQL Standards ( ANSI / ISO Standards,other SQL standards, ODBC & the SQL access group) , SQL & networking ( centralized architecture, file server architecture , client/server architecture, multi-tier architecture)
- RDBMS: Data models (File management systems, hierarchical databases, network databases), relational data model ( Keys, tables, relationships), Codd's 12 rules
- SQL Basics: statements, names ( table & column names), data types , constants (numeric, string, date & time, symbolic constants), expressions , built-in functions, missing data (NULL values)
- Database updates : adding data to the database , deleting data from the database, modifying data in the database
- Creating a database : DDL, creating database , table definitions, constraint definition, aliases & synonyms, indexes, managing other database objects, database structures ( single database architecture, multi- database architecture, multi-location database architecture)
- Simple queries: The SELECT statement , query results, simple queries, duplicate rows, row selection, search conditions, sorting query results, rules for single table query processing
- Multi-table queries : Simple joins , Non equi-joins, SQL considerations for multi table queries ( table aliases, qualified column names, all column selections , self joins) , multi table query performance , the structure of the join ( table multiplication, rules for multi-table query processing ) , outer joins.
- Summary Queries : column functions, grouped queries, group search conditions.
- Sub queries & query expressions : using sub queries, sub query search conditions, sub queries & joins, nested sub queries , correlated sub queries, sub queries in the HAVING clause, advanced queries in SQL2 .
- Data integrity : meaning of data integrity, required data, simple validity checking (column check constraints, domains ), entity integrity ( other uniqueness constraints, uniqueness & NULL values) , referential integrity ( referential integrity problems, delete & update rules, cascaded deletes & updates, referential cycles, foreign keys & NULL values)
- Transaction Processing : Meaning ( COMMIT, ROLLBACK), transaction log,transaction & multi user processing, locking ( locking levels, shared & exclusive locks, deadlocks, advanced locking techniques)
- Views : meaning, creating a view ( horizontal, vertical, row/column subset, grouped , joined views ), updating a view, dropping a view
- Stored Procedures and Functions
- SQL security : SQL security concepts ( user-ids, security objects, privileges ) , views & SQL security, granting privileges , revoking privileges